Here is the description from OSV:
But when the fullness of time had come, God sent his Son, born of a woman.- Galatians 4:4
Women played a vital role in salvation history, as well as the history of the Catholic Church. Whatever our state in life, our vocation is special, unique, and necessary. We are natural-born community builders. We sacrifice self for the benefit of families, children, and friends. We possess what Blessed John Paul II called "feminine genius." We are different.
The Women's Bible, NABRE gives Catholic women the refreshing opportunity to delve into the trusted NABRE version of the Bible plus nourish our "feminine genius" with 88 full-color inserts that feature lively stories and information of specific interest to women.
Through excellent story-telling and solid Catholic teaching you'll find inspiration and encouragement presented in a way that connects with us in the here and now. You'll learn from amazing Biblical women:
- Gomer and the amazing gift of forgiveness
- The Canaanite Woman and maintaining a sense of humor
- Herodias and Salome and a mother's influence on her daughter
- Sapphira and the importance of integrity
- Mary Magdalene on facing judgment and criticism
- And much more!