The fine people at ACTA Publications have been gracious enough to offer a free copy of The Message Catholic/Ecumenical Edition to one of my readers. I received a review copy of one a week ago and am very pleased with the overall quality of the volume.
Eugene Peterson's The Message® is a fresh, compelling, insightful, challenging, faith-filled paraphrase of the Bible into contemporary idiomatic American English and is first and foremost a reader's Bible. The Message®: Catholic/Ecumenical Edition features the deuteroncanonical books paraphrased by William Griffin, including the books of Judith, Tobit, Sirach, Wisdom, Baruch, 1 and 2 Maccabees, and additions to Esther and Daniel, will make the Scriptures come alive again.
So here are the rules:
1) If you have a blog, please advertise this contest on your site or mention this contest on Facebook (If you don't, you can still enter the contest.)
2) This contest is only for people who are in the USA.
3) To enter, please select your favorite rendering from The Message and explain in 1-3 sentences why you selected it. You can submit your entry in the comment section of this blog. (You can search The Message, minus the Deuterocanonicals here.)
4) The contest ends on Sunday, November 17th, at 11:59 PM. I'll announce the winner on Monday morning. At that time, the winner must contact me, via email, with their address within one week to receive their prize. I will then forward your contact information to ACTA who will send along your prize.
5) One entry per person. If you post anonymously, you must leave a name at the end of your comment entry.