Well, it has been a few months since I had a contest on this blog, so I think now is as good a time as ever to have another one. Consider it a "Catholic Bibles Advent Contest".
1) New paperback edition of the Saint Benedict Press Douay-Rheims Bible. Enjoy the Christmas season with this old classic!
2) A copy of NT Wright's book Contemporary Quest for Jesus by Fortress Press. You can take this handy little volume anywhere you go. Unfortunately, it is too small to beat over the heads of your Jesus Seminar friends. ;)
The winner must be the first one to answer the following questions correctly. You have one chance to answer, since I will not accept multiple entries by the same person. The entry deadline is Friday, December 11, at Noon EST. Make sure to have your name at the end of your entry. I will announce the winner in the comment box on Friday or Saturday. Sorry, but I will only ship to locations in North America.
1) Who is the person credited with dating the birth of Christ, thus establishing the use of B.C. and A.D. ? What year did he do this?
2) According to tradition (lower case "t"), what are the names of the Three Kings and what kingdoms did they rule?
3) Which of the four major basilicas did I not visit during my recent trip to Rome? (Take a guess)
Update: Winner announced in Comment Box!