I have been tagged by Kevin Sam to participate in the Honest Scrap Awards. The rules are that I’m supposed to tell you 10 Honest things about myself and then nominate 7 other blogs that I think deserve to receive the Honest Scrap Award.
So here we go:
1) I have two cats, one is named Hamlet and the other is Noel. This is odd since I grew up in a "dog" family that wanted nothing to do with cats. However, I have come to really like having cats around the house. Why? Well, they are much easier to care for and, IMHO, have a bit more personality than dogs. Please no anti-cat/pro-dog comments! :)
2) I drive a white Pontiac Aztek. Yeah, I know that they haven't been made in a number of years and Pontiac doesn't exist anymore. But hey, I love the car....its got character! Reminds me of a Bradley Fighting Vehicle.
3) I have a hard time reading fiction. I have tried to sit down and read the Lord of the Rings on numerous occasions, but never do I venture out of the Shire. I think once I made it to Tom Bombadil's house, but no farther. I would much rather read something about the Bible or ancient and medieval history.
4) I love Panera. As a matter of fact, I am writing this post while sitting at a Panera. Free refills on coffee and free internet. A deadly combination!
5) While I don't watch many sitcoms on television, there are a few shows that I try to tune in to watch each week. These shows are: Ghost Hunters, Dog the Bounty Hunter, and River Monsters. I use to watch the History Channel often, but that ended once they stopped showing actual history programs.
6) Of all the different types of movie genres out there, I enjoy 50's and 60's sci-fi and monster movies. And yes, my favorite is the big guy from Japan: Godzilla. If you are interested, which I am sure you are not, Classic Media has restored and released many of the original Godzilla films with commentaries and both American and Japanese versions.
7) Politically I am conservative, but I do not consider myself a Republican. Certain issues that I would fall more in the "liberal" camp would be in the area of the environment, poverty issues, and "enhanced interrogation" techniques.
8) I have been blessed to travel to Europe on five occasions. Encouraged initially by a wonderful mentor at Michigan State University, who died two years ago, I have travelled to England, Scotland, Ireland, N. Ireland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany, and Greece. Since I studied in Rome for 6 months, there is no question in my mind that Italy is the best. The fact that I have relatives in Italy also helps. The food is also fantastic!
9) I have never been to New York City or Boston. Of all the cities in the USA that I have been to, Chicago is my favorite.
10) Although I have lived in the suburbs my entire life, my goal is to have a home on the outskirts of a metropolitan area with a small river/creek in my backyard.
Whispers in the Loggia
Voice of Stefan
Singing in the Reign